Practical Instant Hedge™
Using our 20 years of experience in developing, maintaining and planting instant hedging, we are now producing our own Practical Instant Hedge™ which is mature hedge grown in 1m troughs here at our nursery in Iver, Buckinghamshire. The production method ensures that this mature hedge is easy to handle with no transplant shock and that it can be planted all year round.
We have an expert grower overseeing production and are able to offer a premium mature hedging product, grown with top quality plants, suitable for both commercial and domestic situations. Our Practical Instant Hedging range currently consists of Native Mix, Griselinia, Yew, Elaeagnus, Portuguese Laurel, Common Laurel, Holm Oak, Hawthorn, Beech, Hornbeam, Holly and Box with more species to follow.
1.8/2m high Yew and 1.5m high Griselinia Practical Instant Hedge™ at the nursery in Iver
Award Winning Hedging
Our UK grown Instant Hedge has been recently used by Garden Designers at both the Chelsea and Hampton Court Flower Shows.
RHS Hampton Court Flower Show 2018
We supplied our Practical Instant Hedge for three Show Gardens at this years show. The hedges used were Native Mix and Griselinia.
See our News Blog for more information on these gardens.
1.8m high Native Mix in the Family Garden designed by Lilly Gomm
RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2017
Our Practical Instant Hedge had its first outing to RHS Chelsea Flower Show in May 2017, in two gardens:
- Tracey Foster’s Welcome to Yorkshire Garden, which was awarded a Silver Medal
- Woolcott & Smith’s World Horse Welfare Artisan Garden which was awarded a Gold Medal and The People’s Award for Best Artisan Garden at Chelsea.
A mock-up of our Native Mix Practical Instant Hedging before going to Adam and Jon’s Chelsea Garden
See our news blog for more information on these gardens.
Practical Instant Hedge™ Availability List
We have thousands of metres of hedge in production – the species and heights available are listed below. The availability can change on a weekly basis and therefore we welcome specific enquiries, based on the approximate linear metres required and the time of planting.
Evergreen Instant Hedging
- Yew (Taxus baccata) – 50cm, 90/100cm, 1/1.2m, 1.3/1.4m and 1.8m high
- Broadleaf (Griselinia littoralis) – 100/120cm, 1.2/1.4m and 1.8m high
- Oleaster (Elaeagnus ebbingei ‘Compacta’) – 100/120cm, 1.3/1.5m and 1.6/1.8m high
- Holm Oak (Quercus ilex) – 1.6/1.8m high
- Portuguese Laurel (Prunus lusitanica ‘Angustifolia’) – 90/100cm, 1.4/1.6m and 1.6/1.8m high
- Common Laurel (Prunus laurocerasus ‘Rotundifolia’) – 1/1.2m high
- Holly (Ilex aquifolium) – 1.2m high
- Box (Buxus sempervirens) – 60cm high
Deciduous Instant Hedging
- Native Mix (various mixes of native plants) – 1/1.2m, 1.5/1.8m and 1.8/2m high
- Beech (Fagus sylvatica) – 1.2m, 1.5/1.8m and 1.8m high
- Hornbeam (Carpinus betulus) – 1.5/1.8m high
- Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna) – 1.5/1.8m high
We also have evergreen and deciduous hedges taller than 2m high available – click on the following link for details – screening trees and high hedge