Practical Instant Hedge™
Using our 20 years of experience in developing, maintaining and planting instant hedging, we are now producing our own Practical Instant Hedge™ which is mature hedge grown in 1m troughs here at our nursery in Iver, Buckinghamshire. The production method ensures that this mature hedge is easy to handle with no transplant shock and that it can be planted all year round.
We have an expert grower overseeing production and are able to offer a premium mature hedging product, grown with top quality plants, suitable for both commercial and domestic situations. Our Practical Instant Hedging range currently consists of Native Mix, Griselinia, Yew and Portuguese Laurel, with more species to follow.
Instant Hedge Difference
- Densely pre-planted and ready grown to 35-40cm wide and up to 2m high, species dependent
- Produced in 1m long bags of continuous root strips for stress-free planting all year round
- All stock is carefully maintained, irrigated and treated with controlled release nutrients to optimise health
- Available in any lengths, and can be bent to almost any shape
- Available direct on a supply and plant basis throughout the UK by the metre
- Prices vary according to species, height, quantity, and planting logistics
- Recommended automatic irrigation systems can be installed at the same time as planting
Award Winning Hedging
Our Practical Instant Hedge had its first outing to RHS Chelsea Flower Show in May 2017, in two gardens:
- Tracey Foster’s Welcome to Yorkshire Garden, which was awarded a Silver Medal
- Woolcott & Smith’s World Horse Welfare Artisan Garden which was awarded a Gold Medal and The People’s Award for Best Artisan Garden at Chelsea.
See our news blog for more information on these gardens.