To buy an Instant Hedge please either fill out an enquiry form or call us on 01753 652022 to discuss your requirements. Our sales team will then be able to provide a bespoke quotation based on the best instant hedge options for your specific garden project. We also have hedges taller than 2m high available – click on the following link for details – screening trees and high hedge
If you are unsure what an instant hedge is – please click on the link for more information.
Instant Hedge Varieties
We have over ten thousand metres of instant hedge in production, both evergreen and deciduous, the species and heights available are listed below. The availability can change on a weekly basis and therefore we welcome specific enquiries, based on the approximate linear metres required and the time of planting.
Evergreen Instant Hedging
Deciduous Instant Hedging
Instant Hedge Benefits
Hedges are cost effective, compared to a brick wall and form an attractive boundary more quickly than many gardeners imagine.
They can create a strong framework for the garden, so that it looks good in midwinter and is adept at providing an attractive background to carry the beautiful floral decoration of spring and summer. As well as providing structure to the garden, they can be perfect for wildlife, and particularly nesting birds.
Planting a mature, instant hedge has the following benefits:
- We have taken the time to grow the hedges, so you don’t have to!
- Shelter: reducing wind strength better than a solid barrier
- Filter: absorbing dust and noise
- Privacy: as an effective visual screen, particularly evergreen hedging
- Security: a prickly hedge is a great intruder deterrent
- Beauty and interest from seasonal changes, particularly deciduous hedging
- Background texture and colour complement other plants
- Wildlife: food and shelter for a wide variety of native insects, birds and mammals
- Weather-resistance: much better than manmade fences or brick walls
- Economy long term compared with fencing and brick work
- Long-lived: hedges can last hundreds of years
- Can be planted to shape, such as a curve
- Easy to maintain; see our notes on maintaining your instant hedge.
Hedge Selecting Guide
We have created a table to help select the most suitable instant hedge for your project, click here.
Delivery and Installation
Our service options include delivery and installation or delivery only; for hedges direct to your garden, you need to look no further.
Mature Ready Grown Hedges
Practicality Brown have a number of hedging options available to help take the time out of creating a mature, instant look for any garden hedge project – whether its evergreen instant hedging for privacy screening or the seasonal interest of a mature deciduous instant hedging.
As well as our own Practical Instant Hedge™ we also supply top quality Hedging Elements and other quality hedging solutions.
Please use the enquiry form with details of the hedges that you are interested in and we will provide you with a bespoke quotation.