First planted in 1998, Practicality Brown is the sole supplier of the award-winning Elveden Instant Hedge, which is a truly mature, dense hedging product.
The Elveden Instant Hedge difference:
- Grown from British origin stock (seed or cutting) not just UK provenance (which can be where plants have been growing in the last six months)
- Allowed to grow and mature over time at the Elveden Estate in East Anglia
- The roots are grown in a membrane which helps to eliminate transplant shock; thereby allowing planting of this substantial mature hedge to be carried out all year round
- It is fed, watered and regularly clipped to ensure that it is an effective, robust and dense hedge around 2ft deep
- For example the Green Beech available to plant now at 1.8m high was planted during 2008/9 season, some 7 or 8 years of diligent care and attention whilst the same height Laurel is 4-5 years old.
- Available in 2.5m length strips which ensure continuity of plants, as they are replanted in the same order as they are lifted from the ground.
Time and again this proper instant hedge provides landscape architects and garden designers with the essential element to emphasize, enhance or enclose their design. We have stock available in heights from 1.2m, 1.5m and 1.8m across a range of species, all of which are 400-500mm deep.
Elveden Instant Hedge is a premium product and still is the best in class in terms of the size, density and quality; it is perfect for high end projects and where clients or circumstances demand a superior finish.