Elveden Instant Hedging
Mature UK Grown Instant Hedge
The UK grown Elveden Instant Hedge is dense, fully mature instant hedging. It is completely knitted together, flat sided and sold by the linear metre, not as individual plants.
We supply both evergreen and deciduous species of this substantial mature hedge, see our gallery for completed installations.
Our Elveden Instant Hedges are often used by Garden Designers in award-winning RHS Flower Show gardens, including the Chelsea Flower Show; see the projects page for updates.
Elveden Instant Hedge planting – before and after planting:
1.8m high Green Beech Instant Hedge in the winter
1.8m high Common Laurel Instant Hedge
1.8m high Portuguese Laurel Instant Hedge
Elveden Instant Hedge Availability List
We have over 45,000 metres of UK grown Instant Hedge in production – the species and heights currently available are listed below:
- Yew (Taxus baccata) – 1.5m high
- Holm Oak (Quercus ilex) – 1.5m and 1.8/2m high
- Common Laurel (Prunus laurocerasus ‘Rotundifolia’) – 1.2m and 1.8/2m high
- Portuguese Laurel (Prunus lusitanica) – 1.2m, 1.5m and 1.8/2m high
- Photinia ‘Red Robin’ 1.8/2m high
- Box (Buxus sempervirens) – 1.2m high
- Holly (Ilex aquifolium) – 1.2m high
- Privet (Ligustrum ovalifolium) semi-evergreen – 1.2m, 1.5m and 1.8/2m high
- Native Mix (various mixed native plants) – Currently only available as a Practical Instant Hedge (1/1.2m, 1.5/1.8m and 1.8/2m high)
- Green Beech (Fagus sylvatica) – 1.5m and 1.8/2m high
- Purple Beech (Fagus sylvatica ‘Purpurea’) – 1.2m and 1.5m high
- Hornbeam (Carpinus betulus) – 1.8/2m high
- Japanese Barberry (Berberis thunbergii) – 1.5m high
- Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna) – 1.2m high
We also have the easy to plant Practical Instant Hedge available; this is grown in 1m long hedge bags – please click on this link for details.
Additionally we can supply hedges taller than 2m high – click on the following link for details – screening trees and high hedge
The Elveden Instant Hedge difference
- Certified UK provenance stock
- Densely pre-planted, ready spaced out and grown to a width of around 50cm
- Unique production methods enables continuous root strips in 2.4m lengths, which are prepared to order
- Specially developed root control system ensures stress-free planting all year round
- Available up to 2m high, species dependent
- Used by Garden Designers in award-winning RHS Flower Show gardens, including the Chelsea Flower Show; see the projects page for updates.
- All stock is irrigated and treated with controlled release nutrients to optimise health
- Carefully maintained and regularly clipped to an instant hedge shape
- Available direct on a supply and plant basis throughout the UK by the metre
- Prices vary according to species, height, quantity, and planting logistics
Supply only trade terms are available to the landscape and nursery trade with efficient nationwide delivery.
Elveden Instant Hedge comes in various species, please see below for a choice of the seasonally interesting deciduous and evergreen, which is great for year round privacy screening.