Elveden Instant Hedging
Premier Instant Hedging
We are proud to be the Main Distributor of the UK grown Elveden Instant Hedge which is truly mature instant hedging. It is fully knit together and sold by the linear metre, not as individual plants. This Instant Hedge is regarded by many as the best available.
Grown at the Elveden Estate in East Anglia since 1998, this mature hedging product has been developed and extensively trialled to ensure that it is an effective and robust hedge for the UK environment. It is unique in that its entire root structure grown in such a way that enables it to be carried to the planting site, eliminating transplant shock and allowing year round planting of this substantial mature hedge. We supply both evergreen and deciduous instant hedges, see our gallery for completed installations.
Elveden Instant Hedge has proved itself to be the most mature and reliable instant hedges in both commercial and domestic situations. Our Elveden Instant Hedges are often used by Garden Designers in award-winning RHS Flower Show gardens, including the Chelsea Flower Show; see the projects page for updates.
Elveden Instant Hedge planting – before and after:
1.8m high Green Beech in the winter
1.8m high Common Laurel
1.8m high Portuguese Laurel
Instant Hedge Availability List
We have over 45,000 metres of hedge in production – the species and heights currently available are listed below:
Evergreen Instant Hedging
- Yew (Taxus baccata) – 1.2m, 1.5m and 1.8 to 2m high
- Holm Oak (Quercus ilex) – 1.5m and 1.8 to 2m high
- Common Laurel (Prunus laurocerasus ‘Rotundifolia’) – 1.5m and 1.8 to 2m high
- Portuguese Laurel (Prunus lusitanica) – 1.2m, 1.5m and 1.8 to 2m high
- Photinia ‘Red Robin’ 1.8 to 2m high
- Box (Buxus sempervirens) – 1.2m high
- Holly (Ilex aquifolium) – 1.2m high
- Privet (Ligustrum ovalifolium) semi-evergreen – 1.2m, 1.5m and 1.8 to 2m high
Deciduous Instant Hedging
- Native Mix (various mixes of native plants) – 1.2m, 1.5m and 1.8 to 2m high
- Green Beech (Fagus sylvatica) – 1.2m, 1.5m and 1.8 to 2m high
- Purple Beech (Fagus sylvatica ‘Purpurea’) – 1.2m and 1.5m high
- Hornbeam (Carpinus betulus) – 1.8 to 2m high
- Japanese Barberry (Berberis thunbergii) – 1.5m high
- Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna) – 1.2m high
The Elveden Instant Hedge difference
- Certified UK provenance stock
- Densely pre-planted, ready spaced out and grown to a width of around 50cm
- Unique production methods enables continuous root strips in 2.4m lengths, which are prepared to order
- Specially developed root control system ensures stress-free planting all year round
- Available up to 2m high, species dependent
- Used by Garden Designers in award-winning RHS Flower Show gardens, including the Chelsea Flower Show; see the projects page for updates.
- All stock is irrigated and treated with controlled release nutrients to optimise health
- Carefully maintained and regularly clipped to an instant hedge shape
- Available direct on a supply and plant basis throughout the UK by the metre
- Prices vary according to species, height, quantity, and planting logistics
Supply only trade terms are available to the landscape and nursery trade with efficient nationwide delivery.
Elveden Instant Hedge comes in various species, please see below for a choice of the seasonally interesting deciduous and evergreen, which is great for year round privacy screening.